For some reason women go head over heels crazy for a bouquet of flowers on Valentine’s Day. It is the ultimate romantic gesture, which means that men need to be on their A-game when choosing the right floral arrangement. West Hartford flower shop A Special Place has a beautiful arrangement for every occasion, but you should know exactly what type of flowers you want before you walk in the door.
Valentine’s Day flowers are a must, so here are the top 5 most romantic flowers:
- The ultimate symbol of love and passion, roses go back to the ancient Greeks and Romans portraying the love of Aphrodite and Venus, the Goddess of Love. Roses are used to convey the messages of love without having to say a word, representing confidentiality. Each color has their own significance, with red roses being the "lover’s rose" representing enduring passion.
- A much understated flower, daisies represent innocence, gentleness and purity. Giving your Valentine a floral arrangement with white daises signifies affection and your innocent love for your sweetheart.
- Each color of a tulip has a different meaning, the most romantic being the red version. The Turkish legend says that a prince named Farhad was love struck by a maiden name Shirin. The prince found out his love had been murdered, so he killed himself, riding his horse over a cliff. The legend says that a scarlet tulip sprung up from each drop of his blood, giving the tulip the symbolism of “perfect love.”
- The lily is one of the most elegant flowers, representing the emotion of love in its truest sense. White lilies particularly represent virtue and chastity, and were once known as the symbol of the Virgin Mary’s purity and her role as the Queen of Angels.
- One of the most highly coveted flowers, the orchid is delicate and exotic while flawlessly representing love, beauty, luxury and strength. This has always been a romantic flower and will make for one of the most beautiful floral arrangements for Valentine’s Day.
Choose your Valentine’s Day flowers wisely so you can express to your love how much she truly means. Visit West Hartford flower shop A Special Place and design your own bouquet of love.