While practically anyone could make it down a snow tubing hill with ease, it takes a good amount of practice to master the slopes on a snowboard. Buying yourself all of the essential snowboard equipment at sporting goods store Sartorius Sports is the first step to conquering the bunny slope, but there is so much more you have to learn. You can have all of the sports equipment in the world but if you aren’t prepared you may find that you’re sliding down the hill on your backside instead of on your snowboard.
If you want to be safe and have fun at the time while snowboarding, these are a few helpful tips to follow:
- Exercise before you hit the slopes. Just like any strenuous activity, properly stretching beforehand is important or you could risk some painful muscles the next day. Do some strength-training and balance exercises before you plan on snowboarding.
- Pack a snack. Lodging food isn’t always the most appealing when snowboarding, so be sure to bring along some quick snacks to keep your energy up.
- Layer, layer, layer! It’s cold out there, so you better bundle up tight… but not too tight. Wear a few layers so you can easily remove any should you get too warm. Remember, snowboarding is exercising and you will break a sweat.
- Don’t be afraid to fall. One of the biggest mistakes that people make is putting their hands out to stop them from falling. This can lead to a serious wrist injury, so try and fall on your side to disperse the impact. Remember to invest in a helmet as well!
- Leave the Ego at home and take a few lessons. If this is your very first time snowboarding you should invest in an instructor to give you a few pointers. This will give you some one-on-one attention to practice and become comfortable on your snowboard.
Snowboarding can be tons of fun once you get the hang of it, but be sure to follow these helpful tips to start you off on the right track. As always, don’t forget to pick up all of your snowboard equipment at sporting goods store Sartorius Sports.