Who doesn’t love pizza!? Everyone loves pizza, of course... pending some sort of lactose-based allergy or deep-rooted hatred for all things delicious! Meanwhile, Farmington Valley locals can’t seem to get enough fresh seafood.
Well, what if you could have your love for pizza and your love for seafood on one dish? Enjoy your pizza the way you want it with this Pineapple and Shrimp Pizza Recipe, courtesy of the fresh seafood restaurant Deepwater Seafood.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 pound fresh or frozen medium-sized uncooked shrimp
- ½ cup shredded or grated parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Pizza dough (enough for 2 pizzas)
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Divide pizza dough into 2 parts and roll out into 15-inch circles. Carefully place the dough on a pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of olive oil evenly across the dough. Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Divide the pineapple and shrimp into 2 portions, distributing them on top of the pizza. Sprinkle the parmesan/Romano and salt on top.
- Bake pizzas for 10 minutes, until the crusts become golden brown and the cheese begins to bubble. Slide the pizza off the pans onto a wire rack to cool for a few minutes before cutting into them.
Pizza and seafood together, what could be better! Come to seafood restaurant Deepwater Seafood for fresh fish and more recipes.